Saturday, July 28, 2012

Watermelon Update

Do you remember when Heather and I took our classes out and planted watermelon seeds using rectangular arrays?  We posted about it HERE.  This week, I went to the garden to check on the beds and to water the few fruits and veggies we had.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the watermelon that we picked, but I did manage to snap this picture of my littles enjoying the sweet fruit!  This was only half of the watermelon.  We enjoyed the other half the next day at the pool.  I LOVE gardening with my kids at school and my kids at home.  Eating this watermelon with my kids made me very excited for the pumpkins that we planted.  We told you about it here.  When I went to water, we had little pumpkin sprouts!!  How exciting it will be to use our pumpkins that we have grown to use for pumpkin math day around Halloween.  As exciting as that will be, I am soaking up the next few weeks and relishing every little minute I have with these sweet faces.  Summer goes by too quickly!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment