Thanks to following friends who have nominated us!!!
Simple Sweet Teaching
Mrs. Rhoads at:
As the rules of these awards apply, here are 7 things about ourselves.
1. I am not a fan of the 180 day school year, so in protest, I decided to take 3 maternity leaves in 3 consecutive years. My kids are now 7,5 and 4.
2. I loved High School so much, that I graduated from 2 different ones, in two different states!
Thanks to my parents who made this possible by moving our family in the middle of my senior year.
3. I have played the violin since I was 4. I went to college as a double music/education major but dropped the music major part! Whew, it was TOUGH! Now I play the violin in my church worship band and teach violin lessons!
4. I love teaching second grade.
5. I am married to my best friend, Aaron, who is an avid Tennessee Vol fan. Which, I guess, makes me an avid Tennessee Vol fan by marriage.
6. As much as it pains Heather, I am a YANKEE through and through being that I was raised in Connecticut. Anytime Heather makes a "Yankee" comment, I always have to remind her that I am a YANKEE!
7. I am a preachers' kids. And I also am a Preachers' Grandkid. In my family, you are either a preacher or a teacher. So I am a teacher and married a "guidance counselor", close enough right? Funny thing, Aaron went to college to be a preacher. So either way, I would've married a preacher or a teacher.
1. After observing Juli do the three kids in three years, I decided to space mine out a tad. I have 2 boys, ages 4 and 1. I am so in love with them!
2. I have three brothers and 1 sister. One of my brothers has special needs which is a cause I hold very dear to my heart, especially the treatment of those with special needs.
3. I am a GRITS (Girl Raised In The South) and often forget Juli is a Yankee - bless her heart!
4. I have been married to my best friend, Ryan, for almost 9 years now, who is an avid Carolina fan. Which makes me an avid Carolina fan by marriage.
5. I am extremely OCD - the most random things send me over the edge. I like things to be "just so".
My grade level LOVES working with me! :)
6. I have a tattoo of a Chinese symbol for strength with Heather flowers around it.
7. If I could afford to, I would live on a huge lot of land and be a farmer. No lie!
So here are the blogs we would like to nominate for both awards:
1. Denise at Yearn to Learn
2. Cassie at Adventures in Teaching
3. Courtney at Swimming into Second
4. Mrs. Saoud at Primary Graffiti
5. Amy Lemons at Step Into Second Grade
6. Farrah at Think Share Teach
7. Alex from The School Potato
8. Jane at Learning in the Little Apple
9. Melissa at The Dalton Gang
10. Teaching Joys