Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mental Math

Mental math strategies are always an interesting topic to teach, aren't they?  It is so concrete, yet I always feel it is one of those skills that they either get it or they don't, there really isn't an "in between" stage.  As I begin thinking about the standards I need to teach this year and how I'd like to teach some differently than last year, this standard just kept coming to mind.  2.NBT.8 Mentally Add and subtract 10 or 100 to a given number between 100-900.  As I was working through it last night, this little pack came to me.  I think it will be very useful for me (and hopefully you too) this coming year.  It comes with a lot of resources for you to use in your classroom.  Teaching posters that you could have printed in large size at your favorite printing company, or just use them on your document camera.  There are also 16 practice pages that you can use with the students.  The numbers range from 100-900 and can be used to level stages or instruction, or use throughout the year.  Of those 16 practice pages there are 4 of each area (+10, -10, +100, -100)  I have also included 4 different word problems that apply the strategy of adding and subtracting 10 and 100 but in a word problem format.  Hop on over to my TpT site and pick yours up today.  Or just click the picture below.

Happy Wednesday!
Juli



1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine.
    -----
    mental math

    ReplyDelete