Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Line Plots...again!

I feel some of these blogging girls are putting me to shame.  I blog more while I am working full time than I do when I am off for summer break!  So, in my guilt, I have begun to think more about this upcoming school year and the implementation of the Common Core.  Earlier in the school year, I blogged about Line Plots and shared an activity that I created for my students/team to use.  You can read about that one here.  What I didn't share in that post, was a game that I created for my students to use in Math Workshop.  As I prepared for that unit, I continued to come up short in the game/activity area for line plots.  I don't know if it is because it is a relatively new standard.  Or, if people just couldn't figure out a way to make line plots fun.  Either way, our kids needed something.  I am not saying that this idea is the best game on Earth, or even that it is all that much fun. ( I mean, let's be honest, how much fun can you have with a game about line plots?)  But this is an activity that worked, it helped the students to apply what they've learned about line plots, and it is simple enough that I could put it in a math station and have the students play independently.  In my eyes, that's a win, win, win!  It is designed to be a laminated file folder game.  Don't you just love those!?!  Hop on over to my TpT site and pick yours up today before the school year begins!

Happy Plotting!
Juli


No comments:

Post a Comment