Thursday, August 16, 2012

Back to School Countdown- 2nd Grade!

So, I thought that I would share with you some of the things that I have been getting ready for the school year to start in my classroom.  At the start of the school year, PlaceValue is a HUGE focus for our new second graders. One way that I like to focus on place value is by showing the different ways to display a number. This is a big skill for the common core and sets the stage for the more difficult skills that come throughout the school year.  I decided that I would make some place value practice for us.  My husband is a HUGE soccer fan, so it was only appropriate to make a Soccer themed Place Value pack.  I am excited for us to use it this coming year and I hope that you'll be able to use it as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment