Tuesday, January 15, 2013

MLK Day and a Freebie!

Happy Birthday to Martin Luther King, Jr.!  He and my hubby share a birthday today!  So in a few days we will be celebrating Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday at school.  I am excited to celebrate the holiday with my kiddos.  I am excited first that I found these awesome biographies.  Since we teach famous Americans, I thought that these biographies would be great additions to our class library.  I found them at Target and Books-a-million.  For my interactive read aloud this week and next I am reading this one:


I am so excited about our bulletin board.  I love this and it makes a great addition to the hallway.  I took black and white pictures of my kids but had them look away from the camera.  I  had them write in their speech bubbles what they want to be when they grow up.  It is precious and I love the way it comes out.  To tie in technology, I may have them type inside of the speech bubble.

   

You can make your own bulletin board too!  They aren't much but you can pick up a copy of the speech bubble, here.
Happy MLK Day!

1 comment:

  1. These pics are really a great idea! Love this! Thank you for sharing!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete